Sunday 24 March 2013

Face time :)

Hi Guys :)

I wanted to talk face products. Back in the day I was quite picky about skincare and I equated high end products with high end results. To be fair, most of the products I used worked and saved me (dramatic much?). Origins Dr Weil's Mega Mushroom range made my skin much better but most of all, it made me feel better about myself and those green potions were like a security blanket for me.

Then came the time when I felt it was time to switch it up and I tried other brands (Clinique and clarins) and these were ok and then when my skin hadn't freaked out too much from the changes I legged it to the high street!

Moisturiser-wise I went for the simple approach. Vitamin E cream from the health food shop. Went through tons of the stuff and then over time the price went up and up. I started off paying around £3 for a tub and now it's about £8-9. I don't think so sweetie.

So then I headed off to Superdrugs and just picked up a bunch of whatever was in offer. When the stuff is around the £4 mark it's ok to have a few misses!

So anyways I won't go through every single product because I am sure you're already getting bored.

This is the stuff I'm currently using. My skin has changed a lot again recently.
My skin was 'normal' and then when it went crazy it was super dry and sensitive and now? I don't know! I feel weird saying its oily because I've been so use to treating it as super dry. But the truth is I've got some shine going on.

First up we have Elizabeth Arden's 8 hour skin protectant. This is a cult product and for good reason. It's nice and thick. It has a smell some people don't like, but I can't smell it so I'm ok! This is fantastic slapped onto my lips at night but I try not to do that cos it aint cheap. My dad got it for me and was all "£25 for that?!?!". You can get some good deals if you search online. Currently looking for dupes but in the frame of mind that since this works I might as well stick with this for a while. We'll see. Anyway, the main use is on my nose. And if you know me, you know what I'm talking about. That constant nose rubbing and Vaseline applying? It's all about the 8 hour cream!! The side of my nose is where all the skin drama started and if I'm honest, I guess that small part of my face has taken over my life and blinded me to the rest of my face needs. Next!!!

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo. This is another cult product but to be honest I'm not getting along too well with it and I got it cos I am a sheep and I want what everyone else has. This looks great on and applies well but it breaks me out like a mofo. As not to waste this I've been applying it on my forehead to ease the shine and I haven't broken out there. Everyone seems to love this though and it's suppose to make skin better so do some research and you might find it saves your skin. Not a repurchase for me though!

Now this product I'm loving. Superdrug's Optimum super antioxidant grape ultra protecting eye cream. Bloody hell, let's just say eye cream yeah? 15ml rrp £9.99 but I got it for £4.99 and will be stocking up. This is everything you want a decent eye cream to be. Light but moisturising. It sinks in and it doesn't sting like a bitch. I use this day and night. Previously I'd been using another Superdrug product, vitamin e eye cream for about £3. Pile of shit. I didn't finish it even when I didn't have a replacement. It was so bad that using nothing was better than using that! But anyway, so I though that this grape stuff might be better and I was right and me and my eye area are happy :)

Last up we have the Nivea cream. I was going to go for the old school navy blue tin stuff but this was on offer for £1.45 so I had to try it! Do I love it? No, but it's ok. It does what it says but it's nothing special. If it was still £1.45 I'd definitely repurchase but since it's back to normal rrp I shall be flirting around with some other cheapy products. Look forward to my Superdrug trip tomorrow :)

What do you use? Anything to recommend me? Anything to avoid like the plague?

(Apologies for any
errors, too lazy to proof read!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails