Sunday 17 March 2013

Tangle Teezer [edited]

Omg. Wow. Holy moly.

That is how I feel about my tangle teezer.

I remember seeing this on the programme Dragon Den's many many years ago. And I have also wanted one and have seen the million raving reviews but I've always been put off by the price.

So what is a tangle teezer? It's a brush basically that makes a bloody easy job of getting through some skanky hair and horsetails (which is where the idea developed from).

The one I have is the bog standard classic style (I chose the hot pink one of course) and rrp is about £10. Let me just put it straight out there: now that I know what this can do I would pay £100 for one...maybe).

It's a hand held kidney shaped plastic thing with bendy plastic bristles (?) in two lengths. Size wise it would be better for me if it was a tiny bit smaller but I have quite small hands so I think for most adults it would be the perfect hand held size. The bendy bristles are great cos they don't damage your hair as...well, for me, as much as the wide tooth I have been using.

When I was younger (a kid) I had waist length hair and my mum would brush it with a denman brush every night. 100 strokes. You know the deal.

Then when I became old enough to be in charge of my own hair I...stopped brushing it. Well through secondary school my hair was in a ponytail everyday so I think I brushed it then but when I started using heat tools the brush went out and the wide tooth comb came into my life.

You know you know, wide tooth comb with wet hair is the best yada yada yada. Which is true to some extent, as there's less breakage than if I was to use the denman in my tangled hair. But my hair was lacking some serious brushing action.

I'm telling you, within the first 3 days (yea days!!!) of using the tangle teezer I had random people in my office coming up to me and telling me how nice my hair looked. My dear friend said I looked less scruffy. And the only difference in my hair routine was the tangle teezer.

My hair looks and feels smoother. The cuticles are flatter. My scalp gets some action. My hair is more manageable. And less breakage (I use it on dry and wet hair).

(To clean it I give it a soak in baby shampoo and then...I get a toothpick and....you can imagine. I don't know if that's the official approach but it works!)


Tangle teezer I love you so much.







[EDITED 15/09/2013]
Ok - so V has been staying with me and yesterday she forgot to bring a hair brush so ended up using my tangle teezer. She reads my blog and she has heard me bang on about how much I love this many many times. But it took her brushing her own hair (which had been in a bun, caught in the rain and slept in) to understand what I was talking about. After 10 seconds she had fallen in love. And she just sent me a picture today of her very own tangel teezer!!! I'm glad I managed to share the love - it's a really great product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails