Saturday 28 September 2013

Concert: Jay Park in London

Hi Guys!

Not sure if I mentioned this but one of my favourite Kpop singers came to London and I'm so happy I got to go and see him last week :) If you've been a reader of my blog or know me IRL then you know what a big deal this was for me - and I can't beleive that in the last year I have now gone to two concerts (well, two concerts in my whole life lol).

The concert took place last Saturday 21/9/2013 in the Hammersmith Apollo. In total with admin and card fees my ticket cost me £35. I'll compare value for money with the Big Bang concert in a bit. 


The show started at 8pm with a rookie group called Victor. Until the Jay Park concert was announced I had never heard of Victor but it took about 30 seconds of them on stage for me to realise that I really liked them. They sang and danced well - it was fun. I was worried that I'd hate the opening act or it would destroy my experience but I honetly could have watched Victor for the entire show! I think going to a concert and especially a kpop concert you just have to get into the swing of things. You can't go to one of these things and complain about it being cheesy or hating on the funky outfits. If you're too cool for a bit of cheese, go watch Kanye. 


And then........Jay Park woo hoo

He opened with the youtube performance that got him back into the limelight, BOB's Nothin' on You  English/Korean mix. He performed Star my favourite song, which I was really happy about because it's quite an old song and I was worried that he was too cool for it but he did it and my heart was doing backflips throughout :) Jay Park also did a few backflips as would be expected. He didn't sing Welcome so there weren't as many boby rolls as I would have wanted - but he did take his top off so all in all I was happy ;)

He did a lot of his Cha Cha Malone collabs and I surprised myself and N (my date for the night cos A couldn't make it) by knowing quite a bit of the lyrics. I really like his rapping stuff and listening to him live in that venue you can't but help to admire his pure skill.

Best part of the night for me was Star and just being able to experience it all live. Now I know what people mean about loving live performances. He did dance a bit and there were a random bunchof backing dancers but all in all the performance was just a dude on a stage with a  microphone. And I thought he was amazing. I only have one other concert to compare it to and they were like chalkand cheese so I'll just say the concerts I have been to are amazing in their own ways.

The thing that I can compare though is value for money. Prior to the tickets going on sale I looked at the Apollo and sussed out where I wanted to sit - when the ticket prices were released the seats I had my eyes on were £88!!! So I did a quick reassessment and decided the £35 seats were more then good enough (and they were - loved my seat so much lol). So now you're thinking, hhhmmm  8-10pm , same period as Big Bang (paid £71) and only £35 - bargain - well, you're sadly wrong.

With Big Bang, they came on at 8pm, no opening act, no official breaks, no lull in the performance (yeah they did a bit of fan service chat but that is what we're paying for too), a few encores and they left at 10pm. With Jay Park, the opening act performed 8-8.30 and then there was a half an hour break, Jay came on stage at 9pm and left the stage by 9:48. So I paid £35 for 48 mins of a bit of singing, a bit of wiggling around and some rapping. In my mind, Big Bang was definitely more worth it in terms of 'bang' for your buck ;)

But anyway, I'm really happy I went, and I guess i can tick this off my bucket list twice now lol


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails