Sunday 22 September 2013

Pure Coconut Oil

Hello hello!

I've jumped onto the latest bandwagon and hooked myself up with some coconut oil.
The blogger world has fallen in love with this stuff, and I have too!

I got mine from my local hair and beauty shop, £2.50 for 500ml. You can buy better packaged coconut oil for a much higher price, but it's pure coconut oil so you're not paying for a better product (am I making sense?) You can buy pure coconut oil for £15 if that makes you feel safer.

Anyway, you can use this stuff to cook with, put it on your skin, pop it in your hair. At a certain temperature the oil is 'solid' and when melted it's...oil. I purchased this primarily to use on my hair but find myself also rubbing some on my elbows, knees, ankles and ears.

I use to use olive oil on my hair and i can't say which gives better results as I purchased the coconut oil after the bleaching but I do like this. I don't know if  it's a miracle product as some people are saying but it's doing me no harm.
I really like the way it goes on and feels in my hair. Olive oil was, no surprise, wet and oily. It was messy and hard to wash out. Coconut oil is less wet and I find that it washes out really well. I just scoop out a bit of the hard oil and melt it in my hands - literally 5 seconds - and then just comb it through the entire length of my hair. Any residue I run through my scalp. I like to do this over the weekend and wash it out Monday but I've read that after a certain time (30 mins? Couple of hours?) hair stops absorbing whatever goodness you've put n it, but to be honest the no washing is also part laziness so I'm not too bothered.

Have you used this? Love it? Hate it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails