Sunday 15 September 2013

Haul - Converse


Hi Guys!

Ok this post is long over due. Basically, I finally got my hands (feet!) on some Converse.
I went for the classic white ox. I gt them in size uk 6 (European 39) from asos and they cost approx. £40-45 (I got mine with a discount). 
I have wanted a pair of Converse for literally years, maybe a decade but for £40 they're not really 'me'. When would I wear them? What would I wear them with? What handbag do you carry with trainers? Can you wear as much eyeliner as I do and then wear white Converse? Drag queen on a day off? So many questions. 

An asos discount and the realisation that I'm getting old and if I didn't get them now I would probably die without ever owning a pair of Converse( dramatic much?) convinced me to part with my money, and go casual on my feet. 
And? I hate them. They bloody hurt. 5, 6, 7 - none of them fit me. Pain. Pain Pain. They don't fit my wide farmer's feet and they don't look god on my hippo legs. They don't go with my handbags or my eyeliner. I'm not cool or casual enough to wear Converse. I look like a very clean tramp wearing these - I don't have that cool, nonchalant blogger look that I was aiming/wishing for (you know what I mean). And seriously, they hurt!!!! :(

I'm glad that I got the Converse craving out of my system. I'm really happy I only got one pair, cos boy you know me I was ready to get them in all the colours, in the dainty and in the high top. They hurt within 2 minutes of putting them on so these may stay fresh forever. I'll probably put them on ebay, but I'll keep them n my life for a bit longer, so that I can hold onto my youth for a bit longer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails