Sunday 15 September 2013

new clothes, new nails and new hair

Hi Guys!

So I think that the (London) sun has definitely gone away for the rest of the year. And I am loving it. Autumn is my favourite fashion season. I love the outwear, footwear, colours, layers and just over autumnal feel.

To give autumn a big hello I (messily) painted my nails in Leighton Denny's Saturn Seduction which I thought was a deep plum wine red but on closer inspection was a gorgeous chocolate colour, but still red and not brown. I don't know - but I loved it. I love my bright nails but nothing like a deep sexy colour to make me feel all grown up and powerful.
Am I being weird?

Even though the sun is pretty much gone it isn't actually what I would consider cold. I work indoors and my journey to work is 10 minutes so apart from shoving an umbrella in my handbag I don't feel the need to start wrapping up yet. Dress down is over at work - I've been wearing my favourite dorothy perkins cut out booties to work but once there I have 5 pairs of heels to choose from to office-fy my outfits - 3 black, 1 nude and 1 tan. {Above pic] I'm wearing my new shirt (chiffon blouse?) from old faithful Primark (£12). This isn't a very flattering photo but I wanted to capture the dip hem. 


[Above and below pic - same outfit but with and without the 'jacket']

This outfit consists of my usual skinny Next trousers, velvet peplum New look top and then I popped on my new Primark jacket/cardi thing - a faux tweed with faux leather trimming - a bit Chanel but for around £15 (that's a total guess, it was between £10-£20 - sorry!)
I titled the post 'new hair' and frankly, I lied. This isn't new because you would have already read my previous hair post (if you haven't - go read it :)) However, it's the first pic of my hair 'done'. For the first 5 days after bleaching my hair I had it up - because I wanted to give it a rest from heat and also because honestly I was a bit scared of what I would see when I brushed and straightened my hair. In those 5 days I've been researching long bobs non stop and contemplating making an appointment with my hairdresser but....but now I feel much better about my hair. I'm use to the colour (even though it seems to look a different colour every day) and the texture isn't too awful all things considered. I'll probably have to get it cut sooner rather than later but for now I'll enjoy keeping my longer hair.

How are you guys doing? Have you had to shift your wardrobe around for the weather or are you still holding onto your sandals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails