Saturday 26 October 2013

[updated] Hair Products

Hi Guys

I treat my hair terribly. I don't get it trimmed enough;I don't brush it enough,  I don't deep conditioner it on a regular basis and I murder it daily with heat.

So... the only 'good' thing I do is use heat protectant products. I don't know if they work but I don't think that they do any harm so why not.

For many years I've been using the Loreal Studio Hot Straight - as endorsed by Beyonce back in the day. I got pulled in by Beyonce and the pink bottle if I'm honest, and as usual I stock up when there's some sort of promo going on. I wash my hair, towel dry it, put serum on it, brush out my hair and then spray this roots to end, blast my hair dry and then run the GHD's over it. Easy peasy.

I decided on my last bottle that I wanted to branch out a tiny bit and try other brands in a similiar price range. It was nothing to do with the product itself, I just got a bit bored after approxiamately 10 bottles.

I picked up the Loreal Elnett heat protect spray (the volumn one) as endorsed by Cheryl Cole - I admit this time my purse was seduced by Cheryl. I'm an advertisers dream *shrugs* This is definitely on the higher end of my budget and even when it's on offer I feel a bit argh (rrp £6, 2 for £9 atm in Boots) but I really liked it. I like the bottle/spray design and the product did give me more volumn. I would definitely recommend it and I would repurchase (this would be my favourite out of the bunch if it was cheaper).

Next up we have a vo5 duo - one is a standard heat protect spray, and the other is a heat protect/volumnising product. I decided to give these a go as they were on offer for 2 for £5. Again with the both of them, they do what they claim.

I regards to the volumn heat/volumn sprays I would say that they don't give you massive massive hair just by spraying them in, you would need to do some fancy styling work but for what they are, and for what I want I'm more than happy. It's the 2nd day hair where these products are quite impressive - when I brush my hair out (hello tangle teezer I love you)  I have a little lion's mane....
...Did I mention a little lion mane? I might have meant mahoosive hair but with a greasy parting and that's where my can't live wihtout product comes into play - dry shampoo. If I wanted my hair out and didnt have dry shampoo I would have to wash my hair daily. Luckily dry shampoo does exist *phew* I've mentioned Batiste many times before so I won't go on about how great this is but this is my first time trying Cherry and I just wanted to share the pretty bottle with you :)

What's your favourite batiste? Any other drugstore dry shampoo brands you think I should try out?

To tame my hair and imagine that it's a bit less unhealthy I picked up some goodies from the 99p store :)
I got a argan oil hhydrating hair mask and a hair treastment/serum type thing - I've not used either yet but even if it's not miraculous I'm sure it'll sdd a bit of shine for a day. 


The hair polish has me totally confused. It's a solid-ish product in a giant twist up tube. Like a big lip balm. I've been doing some research and I think you just twist it up, wipe some onto your hands and do your hair. Hey, it looks fun and was 99p!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails