Saturday 15 November 2014

Foundation Review - Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation


Hi Guys :)

Here are my thoughts on Maybelline's SuperStay Better Skin Foundation.

Readily available in drugstores and costs around £8.99 for 30ml.

Previous to this I was using Loreal's Infalliable 24h foundation (which I have reviewed).

I chose Better Skin as my next foundation as it claims to be long lasting and seemed a decent consistency when I swatched it in store. With regards to the Better Skin claims - let us all be realistic here - who would actually believe that claim? If there was a foundation which could actually physically make your skin better, do you think it would come from Maybelline (no offense!) and be sold for under a tenner? Spoiler alert - no, my skin did not miraculously

Colour wise - as always with a drugstore foundation, colour matching is a tough job. I went for the shade SAND. This shade was a bit too light on me but the shade darker was too orange. It was not too bad with a smidge of bronzer dusted all over my face.

When I first used this I was really impressed. It blended in well - was not too thick or too wet and worked well with my Real Technique's expert face brush. It also lasted a decent amount of time. It isn't what I would call heavy duty but this medium coverage foundation definitely saw me through 8ish hours. And importantly, it wore off very evenly so I was not left patchy.

I was not too keen on the finish - it is suppose to give you a flawless finish but I found it a bit too...flat? To be fair, this could be because the shade was too light but I felt slightly grandma at times. On the other hand it did cover my blemishes and my redness well, but at times it could gather a bit on dryer areas of the face. (That bit between my eyebrows can get a bit dry for some reason...just me?)

So.........I would say this is a decent everyday foundation. It isn't one I'd grab for an important occasion where I need to be looking damn fine, but for going to and from work it does the job. Wouldn't repurchase it just because it is a bit blah. No wow.

Have you used this? What do you think?

xoxo

(Side note - Hello! OMG! So I said I would be back and I am here so yay? But absolutely gutted/p*ssed off cos during my absense I was taking a ton of product and swatch pics and then when I upgraded to IOS 8 (or whatever) I lost all my shizz. And I did back up and transfer my pics prior to the update but..........no pics. I don't know where da fuq my pics are but rather than dwell too much I've tried my best to retake some sort of blog pics. So apologies in advance for all the dutty and half used product pics coming your way. This is real life dude! ..........Kisses x)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails