Wednesday 19 November 2014

Mascara review - Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express waterproof mascara


Hi Guys!

I've been meaning to try Maybelline The Falsies for absolutely ages and have just finished a tube, and here is what I think:

I don't know.

I don't know what I think.

I wanted this because the blogger reviews loved it and it was often touted as a god send for mono-lidders such as myself. And the fact that every time I looked for it in the shops and it was sold out made me want it even more.

When I first used this - I HATED IT!! I just did not get along with it at all. The formula was too wet and it hardly gave me anything - let alone the 300% more visible lashes it claims. And I didn't enjoy the spoon brush thing. I think my mascara reviews must make everyone think I am an idiot because I also struggle with any brush that isn't a traditional Christmas tree brush (you know what I'm saying!) but seriously, the 'spoon' to me was useless. So I angrily used this up. I think that this was particularly disappointing after Loreal's excess volume million lashes, which was really good (I reviewed it here: http://onepennye.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/review-loreal-volume-million-lashes.html#links).

PLOT TWIST!

But then!!!!! - So I've mentioned before that I like to keep a bunch of mascaras on the go at once, and so I kept this one around even after I moved onto my next one (review to follow - teaser - I'm clubbing with Bourjois again...). Erm, once the Falsies was all dried out and slightly manky I have fallen in love with it! Maybe it is the spoon brush design that I said I hated but after I mascara up my lashes (with whatever), I like to comb the Falsie wand over my lashes and they really do give them a nice fanned out look!

This is why  I am so confused! I would not repurchase it as a new tube because it did absolutely nothing for my stubby lashes, but I am definitely keeping my manky used up tube forever. Maybe I should wash out the tube or something?

Have you tried this? Am I being foolish? Should I get another tube and give it another chance?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails